Non Hip Hop Album: Anderson Paak: Malibu
First off what is crazy to me is that in a time where singers are routinely labeled as rappers Anderson Paak depending on who you talk to doesn’t fit the criteria. Malibu is one of the best albums this year hands down. It’s soulful and deep with the essence of game peppered all over it.
Hip Hop Album: De La Soul: De La Soul and The Anonymous Nobody
Even though we the public knew De La Soul was working an album. No one could have known that the album would have been so different in a good way. Let’s be real the highlight alone is the track with 2 Chainz. De La continues to grow as artists and this album is the newest testimonial to that.
I made this a tradition, not by my own doing more so because my girl expects it now. I’m late with it being that our anniversary is on the 29th of May and it’s June. Still she knows I love her and love doing these because a little something extra to look forward to every year.
Stevie Wonder – For Your Love (blend)
Anthony Hamilton – Amen
Al Green – Lets Stay Together
Leela James feat. Anthony Hamilton – Say That
Conya Doss – No Stronger Love
Robert Glasper Experiment feat. Ledisi – Gonna Be Alright (F.T.B.)
Bilal – Love It
Kindred The Family Soul – Just The Way You Are
Daley – Pretty Wings
D’Angelo and The Vanguard – Really Love
What does artists such as: Nicki Minaj, Lil’ Kim, UTFO, Doctor Ice, Samantha Fox, Patti LaBelle, Jasmine Guy, The Force M.D.s, Britney Spears, James Brown, Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam, Backstreet Boys, ‘N Sync, La Toya Jackson, and Selena have in common? They’ve all worked with the great producer/music group, Full Force. Two of the group’s members, B-Fine and Bow-Legged Lou, joined Mick and Ice T to talk about their extensive production credits, career, the first meeting with The Kangol Kid, how The Police influenced the track Roxanne, Roxanne, the passing of Nancy Reagan and Zoe Saldana playing Nina Simone in the new movie, Nina.
Love in the air along with the snow and this mix was made with the intent to warm you up today. As always a nice batch of classics and current declarations of love. As always click here and enjoy.
Heatwave – Always and Forever
Natalie Cole – Inseparable
D’ Angelo – Lady
Earth Wind & Fire – Reason
Freddie Jackson feat. Natalie Cole – I Do
Keith Sweat feat. Jacci McGhee – Make It Last Forever
Minnie Riperton – Loving You
Ledisi – I Swear
Anthony Hamilton – Better Days (iTunes Originals Version)
Otis Redding – I’ve Been Loving You Too Long
The O’Jays – Forever Mine
Chrisette Michele – YouTubeTogether
Amel Larrieux – I Do Take 2
Beautiful Christmas mix that goes all over the place from gospel to cheerful from Jazz to-pop. Click here and Enjoy
1. Intro – Intro
2. Vince Guaraldi Trio – Christmas Time Is Here lyrics
3. Sarah Vaughan – Happy Holiday White Christmas
4. Martina McBride – Silver Bells
5. Paul McCartney & Wings – Wonderful Christmas Time
6. Donny Hathaway – This Christmas
7. Yolanda Adams – Give Love On Christmas Day
8. The Ohio Players – Happy Holidays, Pts.1&2.
9. The Temptations – Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
10. Mary J Blige feat. Jessie J – Do You Hear What I Hear
11. India Aria & Gene Moore Jr – Mary Did You Know
12. Fred Hammond – Strangeway To Save The World
13. Jeffrey Osborne – Little Drummer Boy
14. Wham – Last Christmas
15. El DeBarge – Christmas Without You
16. The Temptations – Silent Night
Wanted to be a bit more traditional, putting Christ in Christmas and still having the fun songs that we all know and love. Click here and Enjoy.
1. Intro – Intro
2. Anthony Hamilton feat. Chaka Khan – The Christmas Song
3. Dionne Warwick – My Favorite Things
4. Ella Fitzgerald – Let It Snow!
5. Mariah Carey – The First Noel
6. Norah Jones – It Came Upon a Midnight Clear
7. Sarah Vaughan – What Child Is This
8. Mahalia Jackson – O Holy Night
9. Gloria Estefan – Christmas Through Your Eyes
10. Freddie Jackson – At Christmas
11. Maysa – Christmas Time Is Here
12. SmokeyMOKEY Robinson – Deck The Halls
13. Carole King – Sleigh Ride
14. The Four Tops and Aretha Franklin – White Christmas
15. Mint Condition – Someday At Christmas
16. Gerald Alston & Shanice – Christmas Presence
17. Johnny Gill – Give Love On Christmas Da
While waiting for the Oscars I watch Comedy Central and they were showing Chappelle’s Show, which is still just as funny over ten years later, yes ten years later. One Episode was the one where Wayne Brady took over because Dave left the show.My girl was all over the fulfilled prophecy of the episode. Still you have to give it up to Wayne Brady for being a funny dude who understood the way he was viewed by African Americans. All that brings me to say while on Facebook someone had this video posted in a group I’m in and it was from Funny Or Die, I personally have never found anything funny that I’ve come across on the site at all. This wasn’t funny as much as it was fun to see everyone involved having fun including the King of R&B himself.